The Moodie Davitt Report and Filtr.Qingwa have been shortlisted as Frontier Awards finalists in two categories: Collaboration of the Year and Technology Success Story of the Year.
The listings recognise the two firm’s successful partnership in last year’s Virtual Travel Retail Expo 2020. The Frontier Awards are travel retail’s longest-running awards platform.
The Frontier Awards will take place in Cannes on 27 October at Barrière Hotel Le Majestic on Boulevard de la Croisette.
Others shortlisted in the Collaboration of the Year category include:
- Aer Rianta International – ARI & Jameson TasteHouse
- Luxottica Group x CDFG – Growing the Sunglasses Category in China
- The Hershey Company – The Hershey Company and Changi Airport Group Partnership Event.
Candidates for the Technology Success Story of the Year award include:
- Bahrain Duty Free – Bahrain Duty Free Technology
- Blackjack Promotions – Blackjack iCademy – Coaching & Connecting Colleagues During a Pandemic
- Play Retail – Discover IQOS Philip Morris International.
As reported, travel retail specialist agency Filtr and integrated creative agency Qingwa joined forces last year to form a powerful global agency network.
Other shortlisted finalists include:
Airport of the Year
- Changi Airport Group
- Heathrow Airport Limited.
Airport Retailer of the Year
- Cyprus Duty Free
- Dubai Duty Free
- Hyderabad Duty Free.
Best New Shop Opening
- Bahrain Duty Free – Bahrain Duty Free new shops
- CTC-ARI – Cyprus Duty Free
- DFS Group – Samaritaine Paris Pont-Neuf by DFS
- GMR Hospitality & Retail – Kannur Duty Free
- Lagardère Travel Retail – Southern Providore
- MSC Cruises – MSC Seashore
- The Somers Isles Trading Company – Love Bermuda.
Border, Downtown or Non-Airport Retailer of the Year
- Lotte Duty Free – Lotte Duty Free Main Store
- Seva IBP (part of SEVA Group) – Seva Duty Free
- Shopping China – Shopping China
- The Shilla Duty Free – The Shilla Duty Free Seoul main store.
Campaign of the Year
- Aer Rianta International – Seize Your Summer, Summer 2020 ARI
- Dubai Duty Free – Dubai Duty Free
- Flemingo Travel Retail Limited – Flemingo Privilege: The Mumbai Duty Free Loyalty Program
- Fraport AG – #Beforetomatojuice
- SPI Spirits Cyprus – Stoli Group – ReSea Project: Plastic Free Ocean
- Puig – Paco Rabanne Phantom
- Starboard Cruise Services Starboard Hails Return Of Mediterranean Cruising With Celebrity Apex Retail Launch
- William Grant & Sons – Hendrick’s Amazonia Launch Campaign.
Online Travel Retailer of Year
- Aer Rianta International – TheLoop.ie
- Dubai Duty Free – Dubai Duty Free Home Delivery Specials
- King Power International – King Power Team Power
- Lotte Duty Free – Lotte Duty Free
- Shopping China – Shopping China.
Star Beauty Product of the Year
- Diego dalla Palma – MyToyBoy Mascara
- Foreo – FAQ 103 Diamond
- ICT Reykjavík – Spa of Iceland
- On the Mark Consultancy – Sand and Sky Australian Pink Clay Mask 30g
- On the Mark Consultancy – Bon Voyage Discovery Box
- On the Mark Consultancy – Egyptian Magic 75ml
- Puig – Paco Rabanne Phantom
- Rituals – The Ritual of Jing Sleep Line (Pillow & Body Mist)
- TheKindBrandCo – Skin Magic Wonder Balm
- TheKindBrandCo – Eco Towels.
Star Confectionery & Fine Foods Product of the Year
- Lindt & Sprüngli – Lindor Milk
- Saveurs et Nature – Luggage Chocolate Gift Box.
Star Jewellery & Watches Product of the Year
- Cannellis – Pimente
- E Gluck Corporation – Anne Klein Gold-Tone Watch with White Ceramic Bracelet
- Kurate International – Belle & Beau Blossom Watch Set
- Kurate International – Serenity Bracelet Set
- The Carat Shop – Harry Potter Gold Plated Spinning Time Turner Necklace.
Star Tobacco & New Generation Product of the Year
- J.Cortès & Oliva Cigars – Oliva Serie V 3-pack Travel Retail Exclusive
- Oettinger Davidoff AG – The Davidoff Exclusives Editions Series.
Star Wines & Spirits Product of the Year
- Diageo – Baileys Birthday Cake
- Douglas Laing & Co – Big Peat
- Douglas Laing & Co – Scallywag
- Innotri Limited – Cihuatan Rum TR Exclusive Obsidiana
- Listoke Distillery – Listoke 1777 Gin
- Masi – Fresco di Masi
- Proximo Spirits – The Causeway Collection – Bushmills 30 Year Old New American Oak Cask
- VSPT Wine Group – South Cause; VSPT Wine Group – 1865
- Whyte & Mackay – The Dalmore Ensemble Collection
- William Grant & Sons – Hendrick’s Amazonia Gin.
Supplier of the Year
- JBrands Duty Free Distribution
- Lindt & Sprüngli Global Duty Free
- Mondelez World Travel Retail
- On the Mark Consultancy
- The Hershey Company World Travel Retail
Sustainability Initiative of the Year
- Dama SPA – Paul & Shark Sustainability Projects
- King Power International – King Power International
- Mondelez World Travel Retail – Sustainable Design Scorecard for Travel Retail
- The Kind Brand Co – Our Purpose
- Traveller’s Trove – Rosalie’s Loving Kindness
- William Grant & Sons – Hendrick’s Amazonia partnership with One Tree Planted
- Yoshino Spirits Co – Yoshino Spirits Co
Team of the Year
- Aer Rianta International – Aer Rianta International Global Marketing Team
- ATU Duty free – ATU Duty Free Latvia ‘One Team’
- Bahrain Duty Free – Bahrain Duty Free
- Blackjack Promotions – Our Travel Retail Team – From Promotions and Perfumes to PPE, PCRs and Pulling Pints
- Dubai Duty Free – Dubai Duty Free Operations And Human Resources Team
- Lagardère Travel Retail – Lagardère Travel Retail Singapore
- MSC Cruises – MSC Retail Family
- Rituals – Super Chill
- Spark Business Services Group – Spark Group of Companies
- Starboard Cruise Services – Starboard’s Grit Navigating Through Rough Waters
- Whyte & Mackay – Whyte & Mackay Cares.
Several award winners will be announced on the night. The categories include Cruise or Ferry Line Retailer of the Year; Inflight Retailer of the Year; Star Electronics, Toys, Gifts & Travel Accessories Product of the Year and Star Fashion, Sunglasses & Accessories Product of the Year.
Other awards will also be announced at the ceremony, with nominees including KrisShop; PanzerGlass; Starboard Cruise Services and V. Fraas.