WHAT IS THE MOODIE DAVITT VIRTUAL TRAVEL RETAIL EXPO?
The Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo is a pioneering virtual trade show and symposium designed to both mirror and enhance a real conference and exhibition, complete with Exhibition Hub, Knowledge Hub (Symposium and Workshops) and Experience Hub (an immersive engagement zone). It’s a premium event for a premium audience and a world first for our industry.
The Exhibition hub is very different from what you would expect of a physical trade show. The look is different; the parlance is different. We don’t say ‘booth’ but ‘Virtual Stand & Experience’. We feature a dazzling array of differentiated and carefully curated Virtual Stands where exhibitors can showcase products and services. Online visitors (buyers and other retail management) from all over the world will be able to view videos, read and download literature and chat with exhibitors in real time. They can attend keynote presentations and network with other visiting delegates in the virtual auditorium. And they will be able to experience some brilliant immersive experiences offered by the exhibitors to retailers, press and KOLs in the Engagement Hub.
WHEN WILL IT TAKE PLACE AND HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
The Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo is a five-day live event scheduled for 12-16 October, supported by a unique 30-day follow-up showcase running through into mid-November. After the live event, all exhibitor Virtual Stands will remain open and active for 30 days and will be available online 24 hours per day. Delegates to the event will still be able to access material and downloads and exhibitors can continue to receive visitor analytics across the entire period.
WHAT’S THE TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM?
Travel retail’s first Virtual Expo, Symposium and Awards event is being driven by a long-established 5-star rated virtual event software platform. The well-proven technology allows The Moodie Davitt Report to leverage flexible virtual space to customise exhibitor booths, offer on-demand content, provide private chat forums and generate optimal prospect engagement.
The secure, cloud-based platform is hosted on Amazon Web Services in Germany – complying to strong data privacy laws and is fully GDPR compliant. The system is ISO 27001 Information Security Management Certified, which guarantees exhibitors and visitors a secure event experience and complies with federal, state, and international privacy and security laws using a proven cybersecurity methodology.
DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL ANY SOFTWARE TO BE ABLE TO
ATTEND THIS EVENT?
No. You do not need to download or install any software to participate in the Expo. You only need to have access to the Internet.
NOTABLE FEATURES OF THE EVENT
• Interact one-to-one with suppliers, vendors and other delegates
• Exchange contact information and interact with travel retail buyers and other executives
• Download product information, research, data and videos for further reference
• Connect with industry peers through an in-built audio, video and text messaging system
• Attend live and recorded presentations, interviews and webinars and keep up-to-date with the newest products and technologies
• Each exhibitor will benefit from tremendous exposure via The Moodie Davitt Report’s unrivalled B2B and social media platforms; and those of our preferred B2B and B2C media partners around the world, including our partners in China
• Each exhibitor will receive complimentary advertising in the official Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo Guide
• The Moodie Davitt Report’s partner FILTR will also provide a full Press Office service, ensuring your press material is available to a wide range of industry and consumer media, and KOLs.
WHAT EDUCATIONAL AND CONFERENCE ELEMENTS ARE PLANNED?
CAN ALL DELEGATES ATTEND THESE?
The Virtual Symposium will feature a range of presentations and discussions all themed around shaping the travel retail and airport landscape of the future. We’ve got some outstanding speakers lined up and, again, you’ll be able to watch and listen without leaving your work or home office desk.
The Experience Zone features some of our most compelling innovations. For more information on participating in the Virtual Bar, Beauty Studio, Foodie Corner and Launch Pad platforms, please reach out to us.