Ms Chan assumed the leadership role in January this year, having previously been Group Chief Commercial Officer.
Ms Chan is charged with transforming AirAsia into the fastest-growing travel tech and lifestyle platform in ASEAN, one that offers a frictionless and personalised experience to consumers across discovery, ticketing, activities, hotel booking and holiday packages, powered by a unified payment and loyalty solution.
“We’re thrilled to have an executive of Karen Chan’s reputation join the most powerful and diverse line-up of presenters we have put together in 18 years of organising top-class conferences at The Moodie Davitt Report,” said Martin Moodie, Founder & Chairman of The Moodie Davitt Report.
“We have brought together thought leaders from across multiple sectors – airlines, airports, cruise lines, travel retailers, food & beverage operators, omnichannel experts, trade associations and leading consultancies.”
The presentations will play out in the Knowledge Hub throughout the live five-day Virtual Expo, around the theme ‘Road to Recovery’, exploring how the travel retail channel will (or should) look in the future. Within the webinars, filmed interviews, live discussions and webcasts, delegates will hear from some of the biggest names in the aviation, travel retail and F&B communities, together with key executives from outside the channel.”
Ms Chan has over 20 years of experience in digital and retail consulting. Prior to joining AirAsia, Ms Chang was the SVP of Digital for C&J Clark APMEA and Chief Digital Officer for Pizza Hut APAC, championing efforts in omnichannel retailing, digitalisation of brick-and-mortar stores, customer relationship management and headless ecommerce.
She joins a strong contingent from the airline world, including His Excellency Mr Akbar Al Baker, Chief Executive, Qatar Airways Group; KrisShop CEO Chris Pok; Simpliflying CEO Shashank Nigam; and Kian Gould, CEO & Founder of AOE, a key figure in the development of KrisShop’s omnichannel platform.
Other top speakers include
- Charles Chen, President, China Duty Free Group
- Philippe Schaus, Chief Executive Officer, Moët Hennessy
- Dag Rasmussen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Lagardère Travel Retail
- Sunil Tuli, President APTRA and Group Chief Executive, King Power Group (HK)
- Lisa Bauer, President and CEO, Starboard Cruise Services
- Oana Damian, Founder, Damazo Group
- Muriel Zingraff, Partner, Damazo Group
- Mauro Anastasi, Partner, Bain & Company Italy
- Richard Barker, General Manager Retail & Commercial, Auckland Airport
- Eugene Barry, Executive Vice President Commercial, Dubai Airports
- Fraser Brown, Retail Director, London Heathrow Airport
- Mohit Lal, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail
- Jack MacGowan, Director, Castlepole Consulting
- Heidi Van Roon, Founder and CEO, SPARK Business Services Group
- Robbie Gill, Founder & Director, The Design Solution
- James Prescott, Managing Director, Harding
More additions will be revealed soon.
For enquiries about exhibiting at the Virtual Travel Retail Expo please contact Martin Moodie at Martin@MoodieDavittReport.com or Gemma Aldridge at Gemma@MoodieDavittReport.com. To register for the event (exhibitors and retailers attend for free) please click here.